Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Storing's Best Argument

Storing dedicates quite a bit of text to disputing King's civil disobedience. Which of his arguments against civil disobedience do you believe to be best? Why is it better than others?

The best argument Storing uses is the argument that there is no such thing as a peaceful revolution. All his other points seem to lead to this argument; and none are as convincing and thought out as this. The idea and image of a 'bloody revolution' is easy to conjure up, and justifiable, which can make it easier for people to understand and agree with this argument. He argues that although civil disobedience works in the way that it points out important political questions, it is obsolete, and just not practical in today's society. In the end of the day, your fundamental choice in whether or not you will make a change is between "ballots and bullets". You can either use the system in your favor or use violence in your favor. This all helps him reenforce the idea that there can't be a peaceful revolution if you are truly making a change. Also, he says that civil disobedience is different from testing the constitutionality of law. This can also be made to help the argument of bloody revolution.

If a law that is truly unjust is no law at all, then you can't practice civil disobedience, because you aren't breaking any laws or doing anything illegal. The true practice of civil disobedience must be through true breaking of the law; and that may contain violence. If the whole system is flawed, and gives the white people the advantage and power, then why use the system? Why not overthrow it? Radicalists also dislike the idea of peaceful revolution, because you can't truly make a change if you're not willing to go to war. You can upset and even overthrow the system without upsetting or hurting people, and thus, the argument that you should try to have a peaceful revolution isn't practical.

Also, ultimately, the black people are tired of being hurt and not fighting back. They have been taught to suffer peacefully, to be kept in check, to not be violent. The black people will relate so much to this sentiment, and this argument will feel like they're really fighting for something instead of asking to be "let back on the plantation", as Malcolm X put it. "This system that in 1964 still colonizes 22 million African-Americans, still enslaves 22 million Africo-Americans."

As something that could reach out and touch with the entire black population, and as something that is both true and reasonable, the argument that there is no such thing as peaceful revolution is Storing's best argument.

2 comments:

  1. My deepest secret turned against me after my husband discovered I was seeing my boss. Though it’s a shameful act, but I was afraid my boss would fire me if I resist. I really wanted to stay in the job because my husband was not working and my boss increased my pay because of our secret affairs. I thought I was doing our family good, until my husband found out through my colleague, he was broken at that moment and vowed never to see me again. My senses came back, I quitted the job, I was ashamed of myself, I became suicidal, and I started doing drugs in order to forget my past.
    Few days after the divorce papers were served, I email Dr. aluda via aludaspelltemple@gmail.com After reading some overwhelming reviews about his bring lover back spell, I explained everything to him and pleaded to make me change, to adore only my husband and make my husband forgive and forget every evil I have done to him and forget about divorce. It took Dr aluda two days to cast the spell, my husband came back five days after the spell. I couldn’t believe my eyes, he totally forgave me and agreed to start afresh with me, he then appreciated Dr aluda for his help and promised not to divorce. I am so happy for our new beginning, we have a new job and a new apartment. For over seven months, things has been working. I was blessed since the day I found Dr. aluda email: aludaspelltemple@gmail.com
    call or whatsapp him on +2348063930531
    Victoria Noel
    From UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. HELLO!!!!!
    I am Racoba Sly, When I eventually found testimonies about this spell caster Dr.OGUDUGU, how he helped many people to get their lovers and broken homes back, i contacted him through his email address greatogudugu@gmail.com because I was absolutely desperate to get my wife back. Life without my wife was a real mess for me and my children. i wanted a dramatic change and I thought magic could be the solution. After discussing the resolution with Dr OGUDUGU, he gave me hope that he will restore my marriage. I felt confident that he will actually make my wife to return home and he did! It’s fantastic what this great spell caster have done for me, his help is priceless! I don’t know what I would have done without Dr.OGUDUGU he does his job so well he is organized and highly functional, i believe he is the best spell caster i can count on when it comes to all kinds of spell, I was floored that his spells worked, if you need help, contact him on greatogudugu@gmail.com or website http://greatdrogudugusolutiontemple.webs.com/
    Call him (+2348142250751)

    HE FIX THE FOLLOWING PROBLEMS TO ALL
    ACROSS THE GLOBE ON:
    1. Getting your lover or husband back
    2. Spiritual bulletproof
    3. Training
    4. Money spell
    5. Long life spell
    6. Prosperity spell
    7. Protection spell
    8. Get a job spell
    9. Becoming a manager spell
    10. Get a huge loan without paying any fee spell
    11. Getting your scam money back
    12. Child spell
    13. Pregnancy spell
    14. Freedom spell
    15. Love spell
    16, vanishing spell
    17. Invisible human spell
    18. Success or pass spell
    19. Marriage spell
    20.Lottery/lotto winning
    THANKS

    ReplyDelete