Wednesday, October 9, 2013

General Reflection



In which of the core values have you shown the most success? Why?


I think that in the values Reflective, and Balanced, I have shown the most success. This is because I took time this year to balance out all of my homework for all the classes. I tried to figure out what homework was worth doing tonight and what could be saved for tomorrow. Although sometimes my homework piled up, I tried my best to be Balanced and I succeeded to some degree. I also think that I was particularly Reflective this quarter. I've made a lot of mistakes and learned a lot, and in the end, looked back and thought what I could do better this next quarter. Already, I have several different goals that I'd like to accomplish this second quarter that will make it much more successful than the last one.


In which of the core values have you shown the most progress or growth? Why?

I think that I shown growth in Responsibility. This is my first year of middle school in which I really struggled with classes and my grades began to slip. I turned in several assignments late and did not end up with as good grades as I would've liked. Because of my experiences this quarter, I am now much more responsible in the aspect of emailing teachers and talking to them about my late or not turned in assignments.

Which core value is most challenging for you? Why?

I think that the core value that was most challenging for me was Innovative. I try my best to be creative and original with my ideas and thoughts, but when it comes to everyday assignments, I hardly do more than what's expected of us. I usually depend on other people to think of a creative way to display information. I think that this quarter I'll try to be more creative and original with my projects and strive towards innovation.


What the are your goals for the rest of the school year?

I am striving towards turning in all assignments on time, even if I was ill. Organization and punctuality has been an issue all quarter, and I really want to prove that I can turn everything in. It was also an issue last year, so I want to get better at it just in case it's a problem next year as well. That would be really inconvenient considering the fact that I will be starting high school next year and everything will be much more difficult in the first place. I also want to be more efficient with Accelerated Math and master five objectives every week, in order to be within the acceptable range by the end of the quarter. I think that if I go at this pace, I'll do okay and not fall so miserably behind as I was this quarter. I really think this following quarter will be much more successful than last year because I find out what things work and what isn't as great for my grades. I also have a comfortable routine, and will not have as much after school as I have now with the play.

No comments:

Post a Comment